The second stage of the Melges 20 World League European Division just ended in Scarlino and Mascalzone Latino, Jr. with Achille Onorato at the helm won the day!
Marina Kaverzina's Marussia is in the lead after this event among Corinthian sailors. She literally snatched the victory from Evinrude of Emanuele Savoini in the last day.
The wind, or rather it's absence, messed a little with the plan, so there were no races on the first day. But the weekend was active, Saturday and Sunday brought quite a result! There were 6 races held during 2 days, and in the last day, Onorato not only won one of the races but also secured his leading position on the podium of the second European event of this year of the Melges 20 World League.
Krzysztov Krempec on Mag Tiny showed what he is capable of this past weekend. With amazing 2-1-13 result Krempec with his team, Tomislav Basic and Ivan Ivankovic, rose to the second place on the podium.
Porto Venere Champion, Vladimir Prosikhin and his Nika are still among the runners-up, but now on the third position overall. On the contrary, Russian Bogatyrs with Igor Rytov and the helm rose to the 4th position from 6th overall.
The full list of results you can see here.
The next stage of the Melges 20 World League European Division will start on June 9th and last until June 11th in Zadar, Croatia.
Top-10 results (after 6 races and discard of 1 result):
- Achille Onorato, Mascalzone Latino, Jr.; 3-1-2--8 = 15
- Krzysztof Krempec, Mag Tiny; [33/UFD]-5-1-2-1-13 = 22
- Vladimir Prosikhin, Nika; 2--3-3-6-9 = 23
- Igor Rytov, Russian Bogatyrs; 1-3-20-[33/UFD]-3-2 = 29
- Manfredi Vianini Tolomei, Maolca; 6-7/RDG-7/RDG-6--6 = 32
- Alexander Ezhkov, Pirogovo; 4-12-4-7--11 = 38
- Rodney Jones, Cars 167; -7-5-9-4-14 = 39
- Matteo Marenghi Vaselli, Raya; 14/RDG-2--11-7-7 = 41
- Oleg Evdokimenko, Kotyara; 5--7-13-13-5 = 43
- Tina Plattner/Tony Norris, TNT; 9--12-17-12-1 = 51